2019 Local Elections
Local elections took place on the 2nd May 2019 for Town and District Council Seats
This was an opportunity for you to have an impact on who represents you on the Town and District Council. For too long there has been an absence of Labour Party representatives in our Councils and now is the time for you to do something about it.
East Devon Labour extends its appreciation and thanks to all those who voted for The Labour Party Candidates.
Our manifesto was;
It’s time for change in our local politics!
Greater Labour Party representation on Devon Town and District Councils will be a stronger voice of opposition to the worst excesses of a Conservative administration. Please give your support to the Labour Party candidates for the May elections and let’s start healing some of those divisions.
The elections are an opportunity for you to influence who represents you on the Town and District Council.
We will fight to ensure:
- All new developments have affordable housing based upon local incomes
- Our communities are provided with supporting infrastructure
- All planning decisions are taken in light of the urgency of the environmental challenges that we face
- Decisions are made in an open and transparent manner
- We tackle the unacceptable level of homelessness and the need for foodbanks
- Local people are the drivers and shapers of our services and environment
- Representation is about supporting and helping to empower communities
- We put values back into the heart of politics at both local and national levels and to show a sense of decency and social justice
Please choose change and use your vote on the 2nd May to vote for your Labour Party candidates.